- Full Time
- Gardena, CA
- Posted 3 weeks ago
- Division: Ocean Direct
- Supervisory Function: Yes
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Salary: $120,000 - $150,000/yr
- Reports To: Supply Chain Director
Richmond Wholesale is a global wholesale food distribution enterprise with a proud legacy serving hotels, restaurants, retailers, and the U.S. military at home and abroad.
Our organization’s culture is defined by the values of Humbly Confident, Mindfulness, Collaboration, Customer Success, and Innovation. If these values are inspiring to you and you thrive in a team-based environment, then this may be a great opportunity for you.
- Outstanding company culture: work/life balance and employee recognition programs
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance and, employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer 401K contribution program
- Generous vacation pay and sick pay
- company paid holidays and 2 floating holidays
- Employee food discount program and more!
Working independently and exercising good judgment and discretion, this position is primarily responsible for arranging transportation as requested by Account Management and Inventory Control. This position is responsible for scheduling pickup and delivery of products in a timely manner as requested. This position negotiates costs and schedules to provide the most cost-efficient service. This candidate communicates highly and effectively with Account Management and Logistics to ensure orders are delivered in full and in a timely manner to meet requested deadlines.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics and transportation for all partner companies.
- Negotiation – Request freight quotes from a minimum of three carriers for every pickup/delivery request received.
- E-mails – Addresses e-mail requests from internal and external customers to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Arrange Airlift shipments for international customers.
- Follow-up – Maintain in real-time internal freight reporting for clear visibility. Research, resolve, and communicate any issues regarding delays and/or damaged product on deliveries.
- Claims – Process and submit claims on lost or damaged products.
- Analyze monthly expenditures to identify opportunities for increasing profit and improving service.
- Review bills for accuracy and proper documentation needed for Accounting.
- Strategy – Consistent communication with Procurement Coordinators, Account Management, and Logistics to ensure strategic planning on all freight moves.
- Monthly phone calls, meetings & webinars to remain current on market pricing and supply chain events.
- Oversight and ongoing training of Logistics and Transportation Coordinators.
- Available 24/7 for phone calls and emails from internal and external sources.
- Problem Solving – Utilizes job knowledge to resolve problems and suggests strategic transportation opportunities to improve customer satisfaction.
- Training and development of the Logistics/Transportation team.
- LMA-Leadership, Management, and Accountability-Development of team, training, performance management, assignment of work functions and roles to promote employee well-being and maximize work productivity.
- Strictly adheres to Richmond Wholesale’s employment policies, departmental operating policies, and all federal and state regulatory and compliance laws pertaining to our business and industry.
- Actively maintains a collaborative spirit/dialogue with other departments and Associates to promote workplace harmony and productivity, embracing and fostering the Company’s mission.
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- 4+ years of experience in Logistics
- Supervisory experience
- Skilled at negotiation and networking
- Ability to gather and analyze data and work with figures.
- Solid judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Associate Degree or higher preferred
ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES ESSENTIAL TO THE FUNCTION OF THE JOB
Communication and Comprehension
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to convey clear, well-articulated information.
- Ability to understand, speak, and write grammatically correct English in order to convey messages and correspond articulately and professionally.
- Possesses public communication skills that allow professional representation of Richmond Wholesale to a variety of business, government, and community customers and associates.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and have consistent and disciplined follow-through.
- Intuitively able to reason, analyze information and events, and apply judgment in order to solve problems of both a routine and complex nature.
- Must be able to work under stress, presenting a calm professional demeanor at all times.
Physical and Sensory Abilities
- Required to travel locally and outside the local area.
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods to perform deskwork or type on a keyboard.
- Regularly required to hear and speak to communicate orally effectively.
- Required to stand, walk, and climb stairs to move about the facilities.
- Handle materials, reach overhead, kneel or stoop in order to conduct business.
Office: The work environment in which one will typically perform the essential functions of this position is a climate-controlled office setting. It is well lit and the noise level is moderate.
This job description is designed to provide an employee with a basic understanding of job responsibilities entailed in the performance of his or her job with Richmond Wholesale. It is not intended to be all-inclusive. This description does not constitute an employment contract, either expressed or implied. Employment with Richmond Wholesale is at-will and may be terminated by either the employee or Richmond Wholesale with or without advance notice for any reason or for no reason at all. Only the President is authorized to make changes to any policy. Job responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of management. Efforts will be made to provide advanced notice of such changes whenever possible.Back to job listing